Alarm saves family’s lives during Irma
October 3, 2017
October 3, 2017
In the aftermath of Hurricane Irma’s devastation, we received a note from a customer that touched our hearts. The main reason we are passionate about our work is that we bring our clients peace of mind by protecting their families, protecting their property and sometimes – protecting their lives. When we hear from a customer who has had an emergency that was averted by our system, it reminds us why our day-to-day efforts are so important. This is why we do what we do!
Hurricane Irma brings an invisible killer
We received a heartfelt note from a client of Executive Electronics. In the note he describes a terrifying experience he was awakened to – in the darkness of night – while Hurricane Irma was pounding our coast. He wants to share his experience. He asked to remain anonymous for privacy. He hopes others will benefit from the knowledge of just what can happen – and especially what could have happened – if he hadn’t been protected by a monitored alarm system.
Here is his story…
Here is the text from the note:
To: Executive Electronics
I wanted to let you know that the monitored alarm system you installed in my new house was a lifesaver.
We went onto the generator when Irma passed over on Sunday. At 1:30 a.m. on Tuesday morning I got a call from your monitoring center to say there was carbon monoxide in the house and that the fire department had already been summoned. When the fire crew got here several minutes later they measured 21% CO downstairs and 25% upstairs. We had heard an intermittent beeping in the house but were just getting roused enough to start looking for the source of the beeping when the monitoring center called and told us to get out immediately.
There were eight people and assorted animals riding out the storm in the house. If it had not been for the monitored alarm system, we could all have well been dead.
The house has an UltraAire system designed to introduce outside air into the A/C ducting. It turned out the contractor had installed the intake vent for it on the roof right above the generator, and it was sucking generator exhaust into the house.
I love the home theater system you installed, but the alarm system was the best money I’ve ever spent.
Thanks to an amazing team of lifesavers!
The happy ending to this story is the result of a team effort.
Executive Electronics installation and service technicians use their professional skills every day to bring peace of mind and security to the Southwest Florida community. Their efforts are are appreciated by thousands of people in Southwest Florida.
This story would not have been possible without the dedicated professionals in our Central Station. They worked around the clock during the worst of Hurricane Irma, dealing with an enormous number of alarm systems with power failures and trouble conditions. They do an amazing job.
We are very grateful for our community’s first responders – Fire, Police and EMTs. These dedicated professionals risked their lives to respond to emergencies throughout Irma’s devastation. They save lives and property every day.
We are so grateful for every one of you!
Do you want to learn about Carbon Monoxide?
Make sure to read our article “Carbon Monoxide: Invisible Killer” which details the sources and dangers of carbon monoxide along with the physical symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning. The article also describes the latest technology for detecting carbon monoxide and getting help. The information could save your or a family member’s life.